Monday, February 18, 2019

Into photography

Photography as a hobby

I recently took up photography as a hobby. I bought an entry level camera, a Canon 1300D, and also completed a short online course on photography.

I am not into reviewing camera gear, but so far, I find the Canon 1300D a great choice for beginners like me. My modest gear includes the entry level camera, a kit lens, a 50mm prime lens, some extension tubes, and a 18-200mm zoom lens.

My photos

For my photos, I also started another blog (more of a portfolio type of a website called "The Lighter Side Photography Blog"). Aside from storing my photos, I also write about my experiences as an amateur photographer. It is a modest blog site that I intend to share with family and friends.

I am envisioning this travel blog and the photography website as avenues whenever I need to be creative, and "being creative" for me is being able to generate my own content by uploading my photos and doing some writing.


Macrophotography

My first photographs are mostly nature-related, such as insects and water droplets. To be honest, I find macrophotography to be very fulfilling and the variety of subjects that I can focus on is amazingly vast. 

But aside from macrophotography, I do intend to post more travel photos in the future and perhaps go into portraiture or landscape photography. But for now, macrophotography satisfies my cravings whenever I need to relax and take a break from work. 

As a beginner, the Canon 1300D is proving to be very useful for me. I do plan to upgrade my gear but that can wait.


Here are some photos.